Wednesday 15 July 2015

Summer Sanity

Well I finally took the plunge this week and resigned from one of the best contracts I have ever had. 

Why? Partly because the work was really drying up, and partly because I did not want my little one spending the entire summer holiday either with a nanny or in some sort of full-time childcare. 

So I now have 7 weeks of day trips, swimming, bike rides and ice cream. Of course I'll be lying if I didn't say that the thought of a messy house, overcrowded London museums and a hyperactive 3.5 year old doesn't scare me. I've always told my friends that being at work is far easier than staying at home - hats off to all the stay at home mums. 

I think the key to keeping my sanity will be to get some of that all important "me" time. So I have armed myself with booking adult tennis and kickboxing lessons.

Thankfully, I know that it's only 7 weeks and I have a new challenge (job) awaiting me after that. 

My plan for the summer holidays is as follows: hope for the best, prepare for the worst and if all else fails hide in a cupboard with a glass of red wine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment