Monday 13 July 2015

My Mummy: Unfortunately going back to work didn't work for me


"Unfortunately going back to work didn't really work for me. I went back part time which meant 5 days a week 8am to 3.30pm. The problem I faced was that I was expected to do a full time job in part time hours cuz my workload wasn't any different to before I was on maternity leave. So I was constantly under tremendous pressure to keep the traders happy 
(which was rare) and all I could think was that I need to leave to pick my son up. My husband works 14 hours a day so my sons complete responsibility was on me! 

Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for! But yeh I struggled given I have no family here whatsoever and my husband could not get to the nursery on time and he travels so much that if my son was unwell it would be me who would have to take the day off. And well hedge funds are not exactly mum friendly so home access is a huge no no! So yeh I was unable to find the balance I'm afraid. 

Hedge Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment