Wednesday 17 June 2015

The white cliffs of Eastbourne

Last weekend we ventured down to visit Eastbourne. Both my husband and I had fallen in love with Beachy Head since our last trip.

The bright white chalk cliffs were absolutely breath-taking. The weather was mild and warm; we drove up to Beachy Head in the early evening. I could have happily have stayed there the whole day listening to the waves hit the pebbles on the beach, and gazing out to the white cliffs stretching out to the horizon. Beautiful views of greenery, rolling hills and the sea.

My 3 year old loves to explore, however I wasn’t quite willing to let her satisfy her curiosity of looking over the cliff edge. She did however enjoy racing me up to the lighthouse and running around on the hills. Just then I asked myself, "Is this what paradise looks like?"

We finished the weekend with a 2 hour visit to Eastbourne Miniature Steam Railway Adventure Park and what a delight that was. Arriving at 10am on Sunday morning we were the first to queue. I was wondering if we would be the only ones at the park but very quickly the place filled up with young families.

My little one immediately ran to the adventure playground especially enjoying the obstacle course and various play frames on offer. The one eighth scale locomotives were a real joy to see, chugging around the entire country park. The highlight of the visit was the train ride, “All Aboard” my little on squealed and off we went around the lake CHOO CHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment