Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Mornings


The Mornings

Its 3am and I am awoken by the sound of crying. “I’ve lost my purple alien”, my 3 year old little girl cries in her sleep. I go to her room, pick her up and plonk her in the middle of our bed and go back to sleep.

At 6am I hear my iphone alarm ringing. Oh no, it can't be morning already. The morning continues with me going down and preparing a snack bag and a lunch bag for little ones day at Montessori. What shall I put in her lunch bag today? Surely not boiled egg again, some fruit perhaps. Wait, what am I doing??! There is no time to think...rush rush rush. Just enough time for a quick shower and ready to leave the house by 7am.

Get to the tube station and the noticeboard reads 'severe delays'. Great just my luck, signalling problems once again on the Metropolitan Line! My working day starts at 8am and every morning is a fight to reach the office on time.

I reach the office, its 8.33am. All my colleagues are already seated comfortably at their desks. I hurry over to my desk hoping nobody notices me. Later I grab a coffee and get started on my emails.

As I start pricing a little thought enters my head, 'purple alien', I smile to myself and look forward to getting back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment