Tuesday 8 September 2015

Beating the "back to school" blues

It's the moment of truth. After enjoying an activity packed 7 week summer holiday with my little one I am back in the city. Saying goodbye to the sun, fun and freedom of summer is difficult.

We've all been there, getting off the plane from an amazing week or two away in an exotic destination to cold, rainy England and the prospect of work the next morning causing upset.

However, for me this time was that bit more daunting as not only was I going back to work but I was also starting a new job. There's nothing like a dose of post holiday blues that make you wish you'd chucked it all in and opened a donkey sanctuary in Cyprus. Here are some top tips to banish those blues.

1. Enjoy the memories 

You might expect that pondering over all those sun kissed moments will make you deflated but it's quite the opposite. Print out some of those holiday photos and put them around the house - they can be great mood boosters.

2. Be kind to yourself

Personally I have chosen to do that by sticking to my personal training and kickboxing regime through the winter. Hoping it will help tackle those god awful bingo wings!

3 Plan your next trip 

Yes, you read correctly you have permission to start planning your next big trip. Infact I found myself looking at ski holidays to Austria on my journey back from Cyprus - perhaps a bit premature, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment